Some tips on ladder safety.
These might seem obvious but a moment of carelessness can result in a lifetime injury.
- Always face the ladder when ascending and descending
- Never use the top rung as a step
- Use at least one hand to hold onto the ladder at all times
- Wear a helmet
- Never move or shift a ladder when it is occupied
- Never carry a load or abject that could cause you to loose your balance
- When accessing roofs, use a roof ladder.
- Always have someone guard the base of the ladder
- Never stretch whilst on the ladder to reach something
- Never climb the rear of a ladder
- Never use a ladder horizontally
- If it feels a bit dodgy, do not go up the ladder